While working on my recent JavaFX stuff, I’ve gathered a couple of classes general enough to make them potentially re-usable by virtually any JavaFX project, so I decided to extract them into a separate bundle.
Some of these classes can be used as a replacement of standard JavaFX geometry classes, like javafx.geometry.Point2D or javafx.geometry.Bounds, but with observable coordinates, while others offer enhanced binding possibilities (for example they can apply a custom function on a DoubleExpression dependency), and some of them provide more complex functionality, like CompositeObservableBounds, which can take multiple javafx.geometry.Bounds properties, and unite them in a single, dynamically updated, observable bounds.
Currently, the jfx.commons library consists of the following classes:
- Applies a provided Function on a DoubleExpression dependency
- Reduces multiple DoubleExpression dependencies with a provided BinaryOperator
- Replacement to Bounds with observable properties
- Unites multiple Bounds properties into single, observable bounds
- Replacement to Dimension2D with observable properties
- Replacement to Point2D with observable properties